Thursday 27 December 2012

Task 3d Critical Questions and Issues that emerge

I decided that rather than just posting comments on other people's blogs I would write a quick overview of what I have been finding out about everyone!
What has interested me the most is how similar all of our Sources are, obviously some differences have arisen between those students who are more performance based and those who are dedicated to teaching however one source nearly all of us have written about is our invaluable web 2.0. I wonder if there are other students who remember the days of 'snail mail' as the only way to send out your CV?  I always used to dread writing the covering letter as one paragraph on a blank page looked awful, however when we email out our CV and photograph a simple paragraph for an email is more than acceptable, rather than a ramble on about unimportant information to fill a page of A4!
+georgie bird states,
Over time, the top five sources obviously adapt and change due to trend and reliability'
 
I find this statement to be a brilliant example of this.  Imagine if I was still using 'snail mail' to send out my CV and photograph because that's what I had always done and been told to do.  At college I was taught that email was an impersonal way of contacting people.  Moving with the times and Keeping up to date is critical in this industry, not only in the way we connect with people but also in keeping ahead of the trends.  Music, videos, events and trends change almost daily which is why I listed the media as such a valuable source of information to me. 

Another source of information I listed was our Bapp blogs, learning from each other and at times critiquing each other is so valuable to this course.  A perfect example of this is +ANASTASIA Hadjigeorgiou who has listed LinkdIn as one of her most valuable sources of information, she only learnt about LinkdIn from a fellow pupils blog and yet it has become invaluable to her.  How brilliant that our student Network is providing such invaluable information to each other.

One source that I hadn't given a huge amount of thought to was my Mobile Phone, however many students have listed the trusty mobile as a valuable source to them.  This has made me think somewhat as I would be completely lost without mine, not only can I access the Internet remotely but I have direct access to Youtube, Facebook, my email account, my phone book, 'The Stage' and of course the trusty Googlemaps.  +Bobbie Pingram lists 'Apple' as one of his most valuable sources of information.  Although I am not a dedicated brand ambassador to any company it is interesting to see that Bobbie gains so much from one brand it has become completely invaluable to him. 

It is probably not worthy of my top five most valuable sources however the Blogger spellcheck has proven itself to be invaluable to my Bapp learning!

1 comment:

  1. The Guardian Theatre Blog is a great blog to have a look at. I have added a few comments. The issues that they raise are varied, from on stage corpsing to the issues dancers face when deciding on starting a family.

    ReplyDelete