Wednesday 9 October 2013

Who is Mimi?

I have been writing so many notes and getting together loads of thoughts and ideas following last week's campus session and my Skype tutorial on Monday with Paula.  One of the first questions Paula asked me was, who is Mimi?  This made me think that this is probably the best place to start module three.

Who is Mimi?

  • I am a professional Dancer.

  • I am 28 years old.

  • I am studying for a degree in professional practise (Performing Arts).

  • I am looking at changing my career to a role that will be less about performing and more secure for my future.

  • I have been in a relationship for five years with another performer.

  • I am currently working as a dancer under contract until January 2014

How does who I am affect my inquiry?

  • My inquiry is driven by my current situation and my desire to change career.

  • The majority of my participants are colleagues

  • I am an insider researcher

  • My age and relationship drive my career decisions
This might seem like a simple beginning, but I believe understanding how this process is starting will allow me to drive my research forward.  I cannot predict where my research will go but a solid understanding of where it came from will hopefully keep me grounded!

No comments:

Post a Comment