Friday 19 October 2012

'Professional Practise' Creeping in to all aspects of my life!

As with most dancers and performers I have my 'real' life as a dancer and the life that others think is my 'real' life where I have a 'proper job!'  At the moment this 'Proper job' is as a waitress and superviser at a local pub.  As the pub is a managed house run by a large UK company they like to take members of staff on training days.  On Tuesday my training day was at Thorpe Park.  I have to say I went with a slightly bad attitude and the thought of, 'I hope i get to go on some rides!' However the day turned out to be really interesting, with talks from various people about the importance of the industry and the people that work within it.  My bad attitude was quickly turned around and I have to say it made me look at what I do in a new light.  It is only when we take a step back from the day in and day out and look in at our lives that sometimes you realise, I can improve and I can make changes that will have an effect on me and the people around me.  I guess a little bit of 'refelction' at times can achieve great things.  I would also like to add that I did manage to get on some rollercoasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment