Tuesday 17 December 2013

Reader Six

After getting feedback for my drafts and having a Skype tutorial with Paula I felt that I had cleared up a lot of issues that had cropped up whilst writing up my work.  The biggest problems for me have been writing my literature review and analysis which I know a few other people (through SIG and blogs) have also struggled with. 

This week I really want to tackle the analysis and I realise I have approached this in the wrong way and I have actually over complicated it.

So far I have written up all my survey data both in word and excel.  From this basis I then started to 'write up' my analysis and here is where the problem started.  I have been trying to get my analysis written up into a formal document where actually the data speaks for itself.  My new plan based on the conversation with Paula is to go back and re work the data I had initially written up.

The first step for me after speaking to Paula was to go back to reader six and re read the information on analysis;

Qualiative data - relies on the words people use
Quantative data - can be translated into numerical data

On this basis my survey contains both quantative and qualitative data.  All quantative data I have put into excel and the qualitative data is written up into word.  My interviews are purely qualitative and will provide some good quotes to add to my work.

The reader also had some good information on being an 'insider researcher'.  It suggested that I need to 'recognise and understand my own involvement' and aim to be as objective as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment