Thursday 26 December 2013

Artefact

My artefact has taken the form of a book.  It is a light hearted look at my work-life balance throughout my career.

I have found writing my story quite cathartic at this point of my career as I am just about to retire from performing and take a new path.  It has been quite enjoyable to write and also to go through all my photographs to find the ones to include. 

I aimed to get my book printed in a complete book format, however the turn around for print and return was just too tight.  I have a second option which will hopefully look just as appealing.

My artefact will be completed by the weekend in order to proof read and print.

Here is a little preview of one of my pictures, it is taken at my graduation from Stella Mann college in 2004;

2 comments:

  1. Awww Mimi, who knew! I trained at Stella's too! :)
    Whatever format your book takes it sounds like it's going to be an interesting read. Is it purely autobiographical or does it have tips for others for keeping the balance right?
    I sounds like it's been rewarding for you to write and I hope I'll get to read it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is purely autobiographical. I just wanted to write my experiences so other's could get the sense of not being alone if they had a similar situation. When did you graduate? I was there between 2001 - 2004 x

    ReplyDelete